Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Dulaan Project

Donated to The Dulaan Project.

Helping people is one of my goals in life. I think that if we have the ability to help others, we have the responsibility to, and in the process can make the world a better place to live in. Yeah, I know that sounds cliché and like something from the Declaration of Independence, but I believe it. In sticking with that conviction, I have donated some of my crochet creations to the Dulaan Project.

Based out of Flagstaff, AZ, the Dulaan Project gives warm knitted and crochet items to the homeless and impoverished of Mongolia. Since 2005, the project has received 44,806 items. Visit their website for more information about the charity.

The items donated:
3 crocheted hats
    -Two are in the style of my ribbed winter hat pattern
    -The third is from Lion Brand Yarn: Einstein Hat
1 crocheted scarf
    -Crocheted using back loops only like the hats
1 crocheted child's poncho
    -Pattern from Lion Brand Yarn: Cutie Pie Poncho
3 sewn hats

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment